Share and Enjoy
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair in a right way.
Argan oil is very effective for many hair problems as Argan oil is rich in antioxidants. It is easily absorbed by the hair cuticles, nourishing dry hair and making hair shine with health and radiance. It helps to smooth even the frizziest of hair and it restores bounce and is rightly called “Liquid Gold”.
To get the best results from using Argan oil, you need to apply it the right way:
- Heat some Argan oil and apply the oil on your scalp and hair.
- Dip a towel in hot water and wrap it around your hair. The heat from the towel will help the hair follicles absorb the oil.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
This treatment works wonders for dry coarse hair as it helps to soften the strands and make it silky and glossy. For split ends, massage a few drops of argan oil on your hair after shampooing and conditioning, while your hair is still damp. This treatment also works very well for taming frizzy and coarse hair.
Since my last post on Morrocan Oil hair products, some clients have been asking me about argan oil, the key component in Morrocan Oil.
Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the argan tree, an ancient species that grows primarily in Morocco. The oil has been extracted and used for cooking purposes for thousands of years in Africa, but it has only recently gained popularity in the West for use in hair products, due to its vitamin-rich content. Moroccan people have been using it for centuries, and recent research has brought to light its unique properties that makes it a treasure trove for treating various skin as well as hair problems.
Argan oil contains over 70% Omega-3 and Omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids, which gives it the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and restore damaged hair. It is also extremely rich in Vitamin E, or tocopherols, which helps stimulate hair growth. Because argan oil so easily absorbs into the hair, it quickly hydrates and adds moisture, leaving hair soft and shiny. This is a great oil to use to de-frizz curly hair, or add life to chemically treated or damaged hair.
The really fabulous news is that unlike many exotic imports these days, the production and sale of argan oil is regulated and protected, so there is no exploitation of the workers or the environment. All argan oil is produced by a women’s cooperative in Morroco, with the proceeds going directly to the community and to reforestation projects to protect the argan tree while still meeting the increased demands for this exceptional product.
The production of argan oil, which is still mostly done by traditional methods, is a lengthy process. Each nut has to be cracked open to remove the kernels, and it is said that producing one litre of oil takes 20 hours’ work. Its true a Golden Liquid!
Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair
Argan oil has many benefits, but one of the best way to use it is for hair care. Pure argan oil for hair does not come cheap, but its effects are nothing short of spectacular. Many hair problems such as dry hair, rough hair, dull hair lacking shine and frizzy hair can be solved with the use of this wonder oil. The reason that it is so effective for repairing damaged hair and has even surpassed jojoba oil and olive oil in popularity is because it is not only rich in vitamin E, but it also contains Omega 3 and Omega 9 unsaturated fatty acids that provides nutrition to hair. In addition to these, it also contains Linoleic and Oleic acid that helps to hydrate and moisturize hair. Some of the benefits of using Moroccan argan oil for hair are as follows.
- Since argan oil contains unsaturated Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids, so it is able to penetrate the hair shaft and repair damaged hair follicles.
- It also increases shine of lackluster dry hair by locking in the moisture.
- Unlike other hair oil, argan oil is non greasy and non oily and therefore it does not weight down hair making it limp.
- It is ideal for taming rough, dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair.
- It is light and almost weightless so there is less probability of build up.
- For those who have damaged their hair with too much of hair straightening and other chemical treatments, argan oil can help in restoring the lost luster.
- Many people with color treated hair complain of rough hair and color fading. Regular application of argan oil on color treated hair can help in keeping the color intact for a greater duration and it would also prevent any dryness.
- Argan oil is immediately absorbed by the hair and it restores the lost moisture.
- It also acts as a shield for harmful UV rays and protects the hair from environmental pollution.
- Because it has a high content of vitamin E, argan oil is very effective for hair growth too.
- It helps to repair as well as inhibit the occurrence of split ends. It nourishes hair from the root, strengthening it, thereby preventing hair loss.